Year 11 – Biology
Level: Stage 1
Subject Name: Biology
Assumed knowledge:Year 10 Science
In Biology students learn about the cellular and overall structures and functions of a range of organisms. They have the opportunity to engage with the work of biologists and to join and initiate debates about how biology impacts on their lives, on society, and on the environment.
Students design and conduct biological investigations and gather evidence from their investigations. As they explore a range of biology-related issues, students recognise that the body of biological knowledge is constantly changing and increasing through the applications of new ideas and technologies.
Areas of study include:
- Cells and Micro organisms
- Physiology of multicellular organisms
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Microbiology, Infectious Disease & Immunology
- Investigations Folio 60% : Practical investigations, Biology & Human endeavour investigations
- Skills and Applications Tasks 40%:Tests