All scholarship applications for 2020 are now open.
ACER Academic Scholarships - Year 8
ACER Scholarships are administered through the Australian Co-operative Entry Scholarship Program (ACEP). This scholarship is open to new or continuing students entering either Year 7 or Year 8 in 2020 at Emmaus Christian College.
In line with the State Government's recent change to move Year 7 into secondary schools, Year 8 will no longer be an entry point into Emmaus Christian College from 2021. Therefore, we are pleased to offer two ACER scholarship opportunities for 2020; one Year 7 scholarship and one Year 8 scholarship.
How to apply
- Visit the ACER website to register and apply.
- Sit the ACEP examination being held on Saturday, 9 February 2019. (a fee of $110 is required to sit the exam).
Applications close on Thursday, 24 January 2019.
New students will be contacted to provide copies of recent school reports for reference when potential scholarships are being considered.
Music Scholarship - Years 7 or 8
The Music Scholarship may be awarded to one new student entering either Year 7 or 8 at Emmaus Christian College in 2020.
The recipient of this Scholarship will be:
- an exemplary student who can demonstrate advanced music skills
- able to make a significant contribution to the life of the College through music
How to apply
Complete a scholarship application form by 1 February 2019 together with:
- a written statement by the student
- a supporting reference from the student's Music Teacher
Shortlisted applicants may be invited to attend an interview and audition.
Pilgrim Scholarship - Year 8
The Pilgrim Scholarship may be awarded to one student entering Emmaus Christian College in Year 8 from Pilgrim School in 2020.
Applicants are required to demonstrate enthusiasm, participation and commitment in a range of activities which may include:
- Academic achievement
- Community Service
- Leadership and Christian example
- Extra-curricular involvement
How to Apply
Complete an application form by 1 February 2019 together with:
- A written statement by the student
- Current school reports
- Subject competition results
- Any other supporting documentation
If you'd like to know more about our Scholarships please contact Barb Greenslade, College Registrar.