There are many ways to be involved in our College community as a volunteer.
We are encouraged by the involvement of our many parents and community members who invest time into the education and support of our students and College life. Some simple ways to volunteer are:
- Class excursions
- Junior Primary class room lessons such as Computing, Crafts, Sports
- Key College events such as Sports Days and Carnivals
- The Learning Assistance Program
Apply to Volunteer
Prior to commencing volunteering at Emmaus, we require all our volunteers (including existing volunteers with an expired screening) to provide a current Child Related Screening (DCSI) through the Department for Human Services to Student Services. DCSI Child Related Screening are valid for three years from the date of issue.
To apply for a DCSI Child-Related Screening, the screening process needs to be started by the College and completed by the individual applicant online.
- Please complete the Instructions for Volunteers Form and submit to Student Services or email Heather Headland, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once received and processed, you will receive an email from the Department for Human Services providing instructions on how to complete the application online.
- Upon completion of the application, applicants will be notified by the Department of Human Services of the decision, usually within 3 to 6 weeks.
- Applicants should provide a copy of the DSCI clearance to Student Services for our College records.
There is no charge for obtaining the DCSI Child-Related Screening if you are a volunteer.
A current Teachers Registration Certificate will also be accepted for volunteers.
Further information about Child-Related Screening for Volunteers is available at https://screening.sa.gov.au/sc... Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact Heather Headland, on 8292 3888 or email email@example.com