Year 11 – Christianity, Careers and Pathway Planning (CCAPP)
Level: Stage 1
Subject Name: Christianity, Careers and Pathway Planning (CCAPP)
Assumed knowledge: none
This course provides students with the opportunity to explore matters of faith and wellbeing, while also providing space for career exploration and the development of skills important for life, academic and workplace success.
The course is designed to complement students’ academic development by focusing on life and vocational skills. Using the Bible and classroom materials, students are encouraged to undertake personal reflection and develop life-skills, attitudes and behaviours to benefit their well-being and help shape their thinking about future plans.
Semester 1 & Semester 2
- Study skills
- Goal setting
- Death and Grief
- Social Justice and Ethics
- Safety (in different contexts eg driving/ parties)
- The Story of God through the Old Testament
- Participation: Self reflection, class activities and group discussion
- Research: Career exploration, pathway planning
- Job seeking: Resume and Interview skills