Year 10 – Music
Level: Year 10
Subject Name: Music
Prerequisites: Year 9 Music or the equivalent of AMEB Grade 2 Theory and Practical
Assumed knowledge: Year 9 Music
It is essential that all music students must undergo approximately 30 minutes of individual instrumental tuition per week. This is facilitated by instrumental tutors at school or privately. Tuition is provided at various times throughout the week with the aim to limit disruption to other subject lessons.
Students are encouraged to be part of at least one of the School’s extra-curricular ensembles and at times, participate in musical events outside of regular school hours.
This course is designed to prepare students for SACE Stage 1 & 2 Music.
50% of the course focuses on the development of practical skills.
- Class Band/Choir: Students learn together via rehearsing and performing musical works of varying styles.
- Students perform as a soloist and refine their performance and technical skills via self-reflection, peer appraisal and analysis of professional performances.
50% of the course focuses on the development of theory and aural skills.
- Theory: Course equivalent to AMEB Grade 3. (Refer to the Music Director for more detailed information). In addition, the student’s arranging and composing skills are furthered.
- Aural: Aims to develop the student’s aural skills (melodic and rhythmic dictation etc.) concerning the concepts covered within the theory aspects of the course.
- Theory and Aural knowledge and application
- Performance standard on instrument (Accuracy, Technique, Musicianship)
- Behaviour and participation within Class Band/Choir
- Homework tasks