Middle School – Science
Science is an integral part of understanding the world around us. The knowledge gained from studying Science allows students to get a better understanding of the chemical, biological and physical world that God created for us. Studying Science allows students to learn problem-solving skills by completing investigations, which enables them to think logically and creatively. Progress in STEM subjects is rapidly increasing, therefore it is important that students experience founding scientific knowledge that will nurture and foster their understanding.
For more information visit Australian Curriculum: Science
Science is compulsory from Foundation to Year 10. At Emmaus Christian College in Year 11 and 12 it is offered as Chemistry, Biology and Physics.
- Build towers that will test critical loads
- Report on Australian endangered species
- Snake Brochure
- Separating Mixtures Investigation
- Create a parachute
- Water purification
- Build a catapult
- Report on Science as a Human Endeavour
- Debate on Stem Cell research
- Increasing and decreasing surface area
- Element superhero
- Earthquake presentation
- Nutrients in food
- Exothermic and endothermic reactions
- Swine flu report
- Scientific investigation of their own choosing
Students will also complete topic tests and semester exams to consolidate their learning.